I need to work on my burger naming schemes. That much is clear. But I really wanted to sell everything in these burgers, because they’re rather nice! Credit for the idea goes to Gem who thought turkey and sundried tomatoes would go (she’s right)!
Makes 8 large burgers
- 500g turkey mince
- Half a red onion, finely chopped
- Two large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1tsp each fresh oregano and thyme, finely chopped
- 1tsp rock salt, 1/2tsp black pepper
- Four large Sundried Tomatoes (I used ones preserved in oil), finely chopped
- 1tbsp breadcrumbs
- One fresh mozzarella ball
Combine all of the ingredients except for the mozzarella. The sundried tomatoes are really the key flavour here, and they’re complimented well by the basil and garlic.
You should find that the mix divides into eight to give generous burgers. But that’s not all! Take your mozzarella, and chop it into cubes about half an inch in diameter. With each eighth of the burger mixture, produce a flattened ball in your hands, pop a couple of mozzarella cubes into the middle, and fold the burger around the cheese, re-forming it into a burger shape. None of the cheese should be showing.
The burgers need the normal five minutes-or-so per side on the barbecue, turning once only. They’re ridiculously good (of course, if they were bad, I wouldn’t post them here)…