Again with the Caribbean theme! These spicy little beggers are fantastic with my mango salsa, or with a dollop of yoghurt, or maybe just some extra hot sauce, if you’re nuts.
Serves four hungry people
- 500g/1lb of pork mince
- Zest and juice of a lime
- 1tsp of fresh thyme and oregano, chopped finely
- 1/2tsp ground allspice
- 1tsp harissa paste. Harissa is a chilli paste, typically Moroccan. But hey, it really works.
- Two cloves of garlic, crushed
- One large red chilli, chopped finely
- 1tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 2tsp grated ginger root
- 1tsp salt, and pepper to taste
Again pretty simple – combine the ingredients, and mix well. You may find that the lime juice makes the mixture a little wet – if so, add breadcrumbs. Divide the mixture into four, form a ball from each part, and compress the ball to give you a burger. These are four fairly hefty burgers, so you could potentially make five.
Spicy and fantastic with a cold beer (substitute Red Stripe, or other Caribbean beers!)